Let's make a few things clear:
1. Just because it's on YouTube doesn't mean it's accurate or complete.
2. Just because there's a video showing how to do something doesn't mean everyone can do it.
3. The person making the video has likely done what they're showing you more than once. You have likely never done it. This is why people say, "...but, it looked so easy in the video!"
4. If you decide to attempt something you've never done before, then realize you're in over your head, you may be setting yourself up for failure x 2 when you throw in the towel, and the person you pass it off to can't fix it because you inadvertently, or accidentally broke something that isn't repairable, or is more expensive to fix than the device is worth.
5. There are many videos on YouTube showing how to put wet phones in rice. I rest my case.
More on this later...